Sunday, June 6, 2010

Motivate Me Monday- Praying for Our Children

Fifth Street Palace

“I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.” -- Abraham Lincoln

Those of you who are diligent MMM readers may remember a post I wrote at the beginning of the year titled Praying for My Children.  I confessed in the post that I am not praying NEARLY enough for the little ones that God has placed in my care.

Today I still have that same confession.  So here I am to write down a list of things I will pray for my children this week.  (I need to bite off a little at a time).

  1. That they will have soft hearts and receive the love of Christ easily.
  2. That they will readily forgive those who hurt or offend them. (Especially if that person is me).
  3. For their protection from the evil one who seeks to destroy them.
  4. For their future spouses.
  5. That they would be wise and trust God.
What things will you be praying over your children this week?

Link up your motivational and inspirational posts below.



    2 comments:

    Ticia said...

    All of that, and that they would make wise choices in the future.

    Anonymous said...

    Excellent post! I just posted something along these same lines. Its amazing how we can pray for things of little importance sometimes and forget to pray for those things that really matter.

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin