Sunday, January 3, 2010

Motivate Me Monday-Praying for My Children

Fifth Street Palace
Confession time! I do not pray nearly as much as I would like to for my children. Sometimes Often not even daily. So I hope you all will persevere through another post written to myself.

But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.
Matthew 18:6

This is serious business to God.  Children are extremely important to Him.  The kingdom of heaven belongs to them.

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."
Matthew 19:14

Who am I to take on such a responsibility? To keep my children from sinning, to not hinder them...
I am their Mother!!!
I am the one whom God has entrusted with each of these little lives.  It is my responsibility to pray for them.

But what should I pray?  Sometimes I just feel like I am repeating the same things over and over... protect them, keep them from harm, let them love You Lord...

It is time I sit and meditate at the feet of Jesus.  Time for me to listen to Him and what He wants me to pray for Hudson and Meadow.  Time for me to redeem my time with the Master and His plan for my family.

I have no plan or strategy to impliment this practice of being quiet and alone with Jesus yet.  I will pray for that as well.:)

Link up your motivational or inspirational posts below.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post! I have felt the same many times. Now I try to lean in more and wait on a God whisper to direct my prayer for each child. I pray for the adult that they will become. I ask each child if there is anything in particular they'd like me to pray for.
I've even just started a notebook purely for family prayers.
I love praying and want to pray more and not forget or let days go by or repeat the same words over and over.
I encourage you to push through.
Your honesty here is beautiful :)

Mel at Adventures of Mel said...

I'm afraid I'm guilty of not praying for my children near as much as I need to....thanks for inspiring me to pray for them....:)

Angela said...

Hey,
I know exactly what you are talking about. i have a blog you may be interested in.
www.prayingformyfamily.blogspot.com

Teri Lynne Underwood said...

I can relate to this post. Far more often than I'd like to admit I fail to pray for my daughter the way I should.

Amy Redelsperger said...

Well spoken. Here is one that helps me with that daily struggle.
http://mamahooper.blogspot.com/2008/01/fruit.html

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through the Diaper Diaries. Thanks so much for your post on praying your kids! I need to pray for my girls more.

Erica

Blog Widget by LinkWithin