Sunday, June 6, 2010

Book Review- Kaleidoscope by Patsy Clairmont

I review for BookSneeze
I just love getting free books to review from Book Sneeze.  Recently I was sent Kaleidoscope By Patsy Clairmont.
Proverbs is one of my favorite books in the bible so I was quite thrilled to be receiving a devotional book about proverbs.  Patsy writes this Kaleidoscope using quirky humor.  She asks questions at the end of each short chapter and provides other scriptures that pertain to the topic at hand. 

Kaleidoscope is an easy read.  There are plenty of personal stories through out to illustrate the proverb being discussed and how it applies to real life situations. 

Some of the questions asked at the end of the chapters are very thought provoking and others are light hearted and funny.  My favorite being "Are you barnish?"

While I enjoyed this book I do not feel like there was a real connection with the author, not any deep heart stirrings from reading it. 

So if you are looking for a light, easy to swallow look at proverbs then I recommend Kaleidoscope for you.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin