Sunday, December 20, 2009

Motivate me Monday- Your Heart is Good

Fifth Street Palace
Welcome to post number two in the Waking The Dead Series. If you missed post one you can find it here.


The second lesson I want to share with you from Waking the Dead by  John Eldredge is that your heart is good.
How often so we hear or even say ourselves "Oh I'm just a poor sinner."
That is not how God sees you.  You are a new creation in Christ.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
2 Corinthians 5:17

God has promised you a new heart.
I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.
Ezekiel 36:26

You were created to reflect the glory of God.  You are not a sinner.  You may sin but that is not who you are.
I encourage you (just as I did last week) to ask God who you are to Him and what He thinks of you.

Link up your Motivational and inspirational post below


3 comments:

Mel at Adventures of Mel said...

Thank you for this. With the church background I grew up in, I've almost had to let God rewire my brain....from thinking that I am a total sinner to thinking that I AM a new creation. Thanks for this wonderful reminder for a person rising out of the legalistic mindset.

He & Me + 3 said...

Praising God that i am no longer the old me. That I am new in Christ. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hello! I love this - I will have to go back and read last weeks. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin