Sunday, December 13, 2009

Motivate Me Monday - Who Am I to God?

Fifth Street Palace
I have been reading John Eldredge's book Waking the Dead. (Not as morbid as it sounds).


I really want to share with you some things that have revolutionized my walk with God and the way I see myself.  So my next few Motivate Me Mondays will be based on things I have learned through reading this book.

In chapter five Eldredge asks God  "What do You think of me God?  Who am I to You?"

Just ask?   What a concept.

I asked these questions of God. What do You think of me God?  Who am I to You?

I actually asked these questions twice.  The first time the only answer I received was; "You are my daughter."  Profound and disappointing at the same time.

The second time I asked this is the answer I got; "You are Ruth.  Caring, compassionate, devoted, brave, obedient, mother and wife."  You are worthy, willing, precious, loved, faithful and pleasing.

That is what my Father thinks of me.  I am in awe.

I could (and did) doubt each one of these things He said.  I could rationalize that I am not any of these things by bringing up events from my past.

God has shown me that this is the truth.  This is how He sees me and who I am to Him.  I am so thrilled to have these words revealed to me.

I want to challenge you  to ask these questions yourself and really listen to what God has to reveal to you.

Link up your motivational and inspirational posts below!
Also remember to enter my giveaway!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Those are good questions to ask. I will look forward to your posts on this book the next few weeks. Thanks for sharing, Sarah.

He & Me + 3 said...

Thanks for sharing from the book it sounds very good.

Debbie said...

Love the challenge! Also love the answers that you received from God!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin