Sunday, June 7, 2009

Tot School- Letter A

Well we are off and running with our 26 weeks of the alphabet. Our "A" lap book has been reviewed and added to throughout the week. We have been having lots of fun playing the "A" game at Starfall.
On Tuesday we made an alligator A:
On Thursday we finger painted ants:

Making ant bodies.

Drawing on the legs.

Cute crawly ants.

I found this really cool ant game. It's a bit advanced for Hudson but he likes to watch while I move the ant along to eat up all the food and avoid dangers.

A completely unplanned "A" feature in our home is our little apple tree.


Months ago Hudson and I did a little experiment to see what seeds from our kitchen we could get to grow. Well we planted this an apple seed. I can not even remember what kind of apple it came from. Lo and behold it grew!
I have chatted with a landscaper friend of ours to see if we can actually plant the tree outside (in our northern climate. He said the only concern is that it is so small right now that it will probably get run over with the lawn mower. So I will transplant it into something much bigger and wait a while before moving it outside. What a fun activity that turned out to be!

For more Tot School fun head over to 1+1+1=1 (hey that totally rhymes).

Oh and for a little alphabet giveaway check out this post at ABC and 123.


5 comments:

Valerie said...

Hi Sarah.

I love the activities you did with Hudson this week. How exciting to see that little planted seed sprout into a tiny tree. I hope that the transplant to larger pot and eventually the ground is successful!

Many blessings to you,
Valerie

Christy Killoran said...

How great that your little apple tree is growing! I love the alligator too!

Unknown said...

I love the thumbprint ants...they are so cute! Good luck with your apple tree. I hope it grows big and tall for ya'll.

Homeschool Friend said...

I LOVE the name of your blog...and the description! Very creative...and captivating!!!

RockerMom said...

So many great activities. RockerTot needs to try some of these. Thanks for sharing!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin