Monday, June 1, 2009

Lapbook-palooza

Before I start my post about our 26 weeks of alphabet I want to invite you to stop by Like a Warm Cup of Coffee and check out the 2 The Case Against Homeschooling...REFUTED posts Sarah Mae has linked up with there. Well worth the read.

Now on to my exciting announcement! The Fifth Street Palace is heading back to school, after a couple of weeks break. Our goal is to spend the next 26 weeks on the alphabet. I am so excited to have found some fantastic resources at No Time For Flashcards and Totally Tots.

We are also diving into lap booking. I have been wanting to try lap booking for quite a while not. However I must admit that I really felt like there wasn't enough hands on work for my preschooler to do with a lap book and that I would be putting forth all of the effort with few results. I hope I have remedied this with my lap books I have created.
The front of these books has a large letter glued to it. Hudson will be able to color these letter templates printed from DLTK.

Open the top flap and we are able to practice looking at words and pictures of things that start with the letter. (In the case of this picture the letter A).


The next flap has a letter tracing sheet as well as an sticker and a card. (I cleverly salvaged these really cool Dr. Seuss ABC cards from a game my husband found at the dump).

The center and back panels of the book as well as one side panel are empty. They will be used to display art projects, photos and recipes all pertaining to the letter of the week.

I am thrilled to have come up with a solution to my own concern about lap books.
Stay tuned to read all about how this turns out :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

These look great!

Have fun with them Sarah!

Love and blessings,
Jill

Crystal said...

great solution. we use similar activities but I never thought to put them together this way-it looks like a lot more fun.

Anonymous said...

It's a pleasure to meet you and your blog. This folder usage looks like a lot of fun. I am really looking forward to trying some of what I am learning from Picnic at home.

Katie said...

Fun lap books! I bet they will get a lot of good use. Thanks for linking up to the picnic!

Katie said...

I have always thought the same thing about lapbooks! They look cute and fun but who is really doing all the work. I've been waiting for my kiddo to be a little older to get into them. I like your variation, they seem easier to put together.

Mozi Esme said...

Nicely put together! We're doing lapbooks for each letter, too, but it's a little more convoluted and chasing down different things for each letter...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin