Sunday, June 28, 2009

Motivate Me Monday- Inspiration!

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1

I read about a book called Art Across the Alphabet by KELLY JUSTUS CAMPBELL over at Keri's blog The Home Teacher. So I decided to request it from inter library loans. I picked it up on Friday right before we left for a camping trip. No kidding I was so excited to come home and school plan for this coming week after reading the fantastic ideas in that book. I highly recommend it.

Now the point of this post is not to review a preschool alphabet book. It's to tell you that it is ok to look for inspiration to spark your creativity.
In fact one of my little secrets is that when my house is a disaster and I just do not have the get up and go to put it back together again I curl up on my couch with an organizing book or a magazine with decluttering tips and in no time I am inspired to clean.

People also often think that folks who are creative are artsy. Not always true. I know quite a few great cooks who can whip up a tasty meal with odds and ends they find in their pantry. No recipe even! There are wonderful office systems that are put together using someones gift for efficiency.

God made us in His image. He made us creative. Be inspired by others work and use it to get your own creative juices.

Click below for more Motivate Me Monday.
Composing Hallelujahs

1 comments:

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

I can't agree more! God guides my creativity everyday. And the brains to search out those who can teach me or guide me in areas that I am lacking in.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin