Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Radically Obedient!!!

His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness
Matthew 25:23

I have been in a place lately where I have been challenging God to make me radically obedient. I pray this in my prayers. I think to myself "I could pick up and move my family to Africa or Peru or where ever you have in store for me Lord."
But wait...what am I doing right now with the things God has asked me to be faithful in?
I pray with my children and my husband, I read my bible most days, I show love to some other people.
God is opening my eyes to see that there are things right here in Vanderhoof that I can be radically obedient doing. I have two small children to teach and love, I have a husband to respect and honor and I have a home to invite people into and serve them.
Lord
Let me see the ways You are preparing me for the grand adventures You have planned for my life.
In Jesus name
Amen

1 comments:

Renee Swope said...

Hi there! Thanks for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments. We have that same rule about saying, "I can't" because it keeps us from discovering what we "CAN."

I love your question about "radical obedience" - I think it's in the little things that God challenges us most to be faithful - in those things no one sees but us and Him. But more than anything, I long to hear Him whisper each day, "Well done, my faitful servant - now come and join in your Father's happiness."

Blog Widget by LinkWithin