Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Home

In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. John 14:2-3

Do you ever wish you had a nicer house? I do. I live in a house that most would consider small. 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, I think it's like 800 Sq Feet upstairs. However it fits our family and our stuff considerably well. That being said I have often dreamed of restoring a big old Victorian house with many rooms. I long for a room of my very own to write in and scrapbook and read...

I mentioned in a previous post that I have been reading Driven by Eternity by John Bevere. Well if I am truly living for eternity then I must remember that this house is not my permanent home. Jesus is preparing a place for me in heaven. A room of my own that will far exceed any room I could ever create for myself.

Jesus knows my inner most desires. He is the ultimate gift giver. So I will live here on Earth in my little house for as long as I am supposed to live here reminding myself that it is only a blink of an eye compared to the rest of eternity.


0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin