Sunday, July 11, 2010

Motivate Me Monday - Kicking the Bucket List

Fifth Street Palace
I was going to write my summer bucket list and encourage you to do the same and take advantage of every blissful sunny day that comes your way. Plan your opportunities so you don't miss out...

On second thought I am going to tell you to kick the bucket list.  Kick the bucket list you may ask?  Then my summer will be wasted.

Lean closer my friends as I have another idea.  Actually it's not my idea at all.  This idea comes straight from ancient writings.

Do not boast about tomorrow,
       for you do not know what a day may bring forth. 

Proverbs 27:1

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11

So here is my challenge.  For the rest of the summer rise early (yes even if the kids are still sleeping).  Hand the day before you over to God.  Then wait expectantly for Him to give you opportunities to choose life.  Ask God to open your eyes to ways that you can make an impact for His kingdom.

I'm not saying don't make plans, burn your calendar and lay in your hammock waiting for God to show you what to do.  I am telling you be willing to let God change your plans.  Trust Him and know that what ever work He is doing in the situations of your day are good.

Take advantage of the summer.

Do you have a motivational or inspirational post?  Feel free to link up below!



0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin