Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Frayed Fabric Flower Corsage Tutorial

Say that 5 times fast!

I made this frayed fabric flower cosage for a friend's birthday and I remembered to take pictures along the way. So on with the tutorial!

Materials
5-7 coordinating pieces of scrap fabric
scissors
thread
sewing machine
buttons or beads
fabric glue
ribbon

Step 1:
Cut 5-7 circles from your fabrics. Make each one smaller than the last.  They don't have to be perfect.
Step 2
Sew each circle on top of the next larger one. Leave a large spacte between the edge and the stitching so the thread will be hidden by the circle on top of it. Do not sew on the smallest circle.
 
Step 3
 Once all but the smallest circle are sewn together place the smallest circle on the top and the ribbon (long enough to tie a bow around your wrist) on the back.  Pin it both on.
Step 4
Sew 2 zig zag lines to the left and right of the center of the ribbon.
Step 5
Clip the edges of all of the circles. (Like a rag quilt).
Step 6
Wash and dry your corsage.

Step 7
Use fabric glue and adhere buttons or beads to the center of your flower.  Then have your 4 year old son model it while you take pictures.
Voila!  A fun and springy accessory.
Look for these soon in my Etsy shop Made on Fifth Street and while you're there be sure to enter my giveaway!




Photobucket



5 comments:

Jackie said...

That is a cute corsage! Great idea!!!

Laura said...

I've been collecting fabric flower tutorials and have to try this one. Thanks for sharing!!

Feel free to stop by my blog and enter my necklace giveaway!

Mindy said...

Beautiful, creative, charming, cheap, easy.....I wanna be YOU when I grow up!

Misty @Creative Itch said...

How cute!! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's 'Sew Cute Tuesday'!!

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

that is such a cute idea! I love it! : )

Blog Widget by LinkWithin