Sunday, February 7, 2010

Motivate Me Monday - Eyes Wide Open To Truth

Fifth Street Palace
Satan's primary aim is to promote self interest as the chief end of man. Satan is called the prince of this world because self interest rules the secular world.
~Neil T Anderson in The Bondage Breaker~

Come with me as I learn to promote Christ's interest instead of self interest.  For without Jesus I am nothing and I deserve nothing.  

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10

I am striving right now to be on guard.  To have my eyes open to the devils schemes in my life so that I can resist him and he will flee from me.

Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8

Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. James 4:7

One of Satan's biggest lies is that I am God of my own life.  That I can live righteously on my own power.  

The truth is when I choose to live independently of God, that is when I sin.  

Father
Thank You for being always dependable and never changing.  Remind me moment by moment to rely on You.  To live dependent on You and in Your will.
In Jesus Name
Amen

Link up your motivational and inspirational posts below!


4 comments:

Mel at Adventures of Mel said...

It is so easy to let down our guard....thank you for this. I know I need to depend more on Him in my own life.

Jennifer said...

Very good post! Thanks for sharing. Really makes me think.

Jackie said...

Thank you, Sarah. I think that I am someone who often gives things to God and then takes them back. I don't want to be like that because that is how the devil can get a hold. I want to join you in your prayer to depend on God each moment.

He & Me + 3 said...

This is a great post. We do need to remain in Him. He is the vine and we are the branches...apart from Him...we are nothing.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin