Monday, September 21, 2009

Gratituesday- Sick



Oh what a week. I have been sick since last Tuesday. I was not sick all cozy at home in my bed... I was sick 1010.42 km (627.85 miles) away from home at my in laws island house.  As well we took a trip from there to my mom's house which was  539.54 km (335.26 miles).  All with fever chills and other nasty icky sick symptoms. (Did I mention that there were 3 ferry rides each way?)

Misery!!

(Praise God for a week of scheduled posts before I left).

God works all things for good.  (ALL things!!!  Even the really gross not polite to blog about things!!!)

*I was blessed with so much time to just lay at the feet of Jesus.  I had so much time to soak up His presence.  I totally did not take nearly enough advantage of that time, but God made it available to me.

*I was blessed by the kindness of others.  My father in law packing me some Gravol for the trip. (really very touching).  My sister gave up her bed so I could have a room to myself to rest and sleep in.  My mom braided my hair and brought me Gatorade.  All little things that really mattered to me.

*My children were well taken care of while I was ill.  Craig goes back to work tomorrow so if I had been sick this coming week my house would have seen a lot of movies and cheerios.  Instead they were out having great adventures with their dad and grandparents.

God is good all the time!  All the time God is good!




For more Gratituesday head over to Heavenly Homemakers.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I;m so sorry you have been feel all yucky. Praying you start feeling better soon! God does amazing work around you and I think you witnessed it! Take care and get better

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Oh girl, I'm so sorry you have been sick. No fun! It seems like everyone around here is sick and I"m trying hard to fend it off! LOL
So I'm quickly writing this comment and skidadiling! LOL
HUGS from wayyyyyy over here!
Kim

Audra Michelle said...

I'm so sorry you were sick! You are right - God allowed it and cared for you through it at just the right time. God is good, all the time and all the time, God is good!

Amy Lynne said...

I am so sorry you were sick, but so glad your family was around to help out and let you get better!

He & Me + 3 said...

Oh man I am sorry that you were sick. THat is tough when you are a mommy. Glad you were well taken care of. God is good.

Jackie said...

I am so sorry you were sick, but glad to see you able to praise God in spite of being miserable. Take care.

Dreamgirl said...

I found my way here bloghopping. So glad I did. What a well written post. And it is so true, God is good ALL the time!

Wishing you good health and a happy Tuesday!

Terra said...

Movies and cheerios sounds great to me! Sorry you had a sick week but glad you had help

Blog Widget by LinkWithin