Sunday, August 23, 2009

Motivate Me Monday- Discipline

Composing Hallelujahs
The root word of discipline is disciple. I am not writing today about discipline for my children. I am writing about discipline for myself.
Specifically routinely putting God first. In order to do that I need to develop disciplined habits that are righteous.
The first step I will be taking in making God top priority is creating a morning routine with God at the top of my list.
So here is what my new morning routine will look like:
Wake up and pray.
Read the Proverbs chapter of the day.
Make breakfast
Shower (if needed)
Get dressed and be open to doing God's work both in my home and outside.

In order to do these things I need to develop the habit of getting up before my children. I need to have the attitude that is DOES matter whether or not I am wearing my PJ's all day. I need to fear the Lord and long to be in His presence.

My job as a disciple of Jesus is a REAL job and needs to be taken seriously.

2 comments:

Teri Lynne Underwood said...

Beautiful, Sarah! You have described my mornings. I will be praying for you. ((Hugs))

He & Me + 3 said...

I am right there with ya. Great routine!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin