Monday, August 17, 2009

Home for a while I hope.

Thank you to my bloggy friends who were worried about me. While I can not go into detail I will tell you that our family here in the palace is wonderful and well.

Our Summer has been full of travel this year. We have been on 6 trips this summer. I used to think I would love to travel all the time. A new adventure waiting around every corner. Amazing things to see and fantastic memories to create. I do love to go different places and really experience life.

However I learned this summer that one really can have too much of a good thing. I can have adventures at home as well and being with my family in our very own kitchen (living room, back yard...etc) can create really fantastic memories.

So as I sit here blogging and smelling the beef soup stock I have simmering on my stove i am really grateful that I am learning to love home.

5 comments:

Christy Killoran said...

I know what you mean. I feel like I try to do so many different things and give the kids a lot of different experiences in the summer but we are starting to burn out. Sometimes the best of times happen at home, and that is okay. Actually, it's great. Glad all is well.

Mel at Adventures of Mel said...

There really is no place like home, with all of its smells and warmth and love.:) Glad you're back!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Happy to have you back my friend!!
HUGGING you!
Kim

Jackie said...

Glad you're back. I am not a traveller. 1 trip this summer was plenty for me. I am definitely a homebody. :-)

He & Me + 3 said...

Glad you are back and all is well. I love home too! It is where the heart is:)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin