Monday, July 20, 2009
I know you all missed me while I was on my spontaneous 2 week vacation. Well come on in. Lounge around the palace and banquet on my morsels of wisdom for you.
Things I learned traveling with my family:
1. If you are going somewhere with my husband (like along a trail to play on some really cool sand dunes on a beach) and he loses the map he has been given to find the the place you are headed to, do not believe him when he says he knows where he is going. You will end up at the airport or worse on a trail that leads to no where interesting. Never trust Craig's sense of direction!!!
2. There are plenty of great things to do on a little island that do not include shopping. Snorkeling, beach combing, hiking and lazing about reading a book just to name a few.
3. If your baby's hat is too big. It will be lost on the beach and you will never find it because the tide will come and swallow it up.
4. Getting your 3 year old out of bed to go swimming at 9pm is a really great way to make a special memory.
5. Seize the day. I was give about 3 hours warning that we were leaving for a 2 week vacation. I did not remember everything we needed and we had to borrow and buy some necessary items. We had the best time just being a family and being together adventuring.
For more learning fun head on over to Musings Of a Housewife.
Reading: I'm Back! Oh The Things I've Learned.Post Link to Twitter
Posted by Goat Gal at 10:15 PM