Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thursday Thirteen- What I Want to Do This Summer

In a serious effort to not let the summer slip away wasted I am writing a bucket list of sorts. I want to accomplish this list before summer 2009 kicks the bucket. So in no particular order here is what I want to do this summer:

1. Learn to draw.

2. Create an organized school space in my home.

3. Paint the living room.

4. Head to Texada Island for a week or two.

5. Have plenty of visitors come and stay with us.

6. Eat lunch at the park weekly.

7. Do some camping in the wood (as apposed to the hood :))

8. Head out to the Hubble Homestead.

9. Start making Christmas cards and gifts. (What you've never heard of Christmas in July?)

10. Explore (and shop in) some thrift stores in other cities.

11. Turn my previous furnace room into a craft room.

12. Set up our pool by mid-June so the water has time to warm up.

13. Sleep until noon. (Just one day though).

For more Thursday 13 Head over to Happy to be at Home.

10 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Well I'm going to be doing a lot of the same. I told my husband I am starting Christmas in July just because it goes by so fast and this way I'll enjoying more. And I LOVE to draw. I wish I had more time to do it. I hope you can accomplish your list, it sounds great.
Hugs.
Kim

Teresa said...

thanks for visiting my blog at www.teresakindred.com and posting about Big city lights. I loved your blog, especially your bucket list. You've inspired me. Now lets see, how do I limit everything I want to accomplish this summer to less than 100 things!

Alice Audrey said...

It make sense to start Christmas early if you're making everything. It's the buying early that gets me.

My expressions LIVE said...

Its sad that we have to start Christmas in July....but we do it as well! xoxo

jillconyers said...

Sounds like a great summer to-do list!

Tracey said...

Great list! It's funny - I've made a list of things for my kids to do this summer; now you've inspired me to create a list for myself!

Super Fun Mama said...

So glad you liked the video. I've got to do a post like this! I did one in the fall and it really helped me to do all the things I want to do! I'm with you on several!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

You should definitely go camping in the wood. It's awesome out there.

Me, I want to make the kids declutter. A lot. I'm not hopeful.

Americanising Desi said...

i so dont think campin is for me, though i havent had the experience yet! but that is one goodlist you have ther :)

I have two attempts to it :D

http://2short2sweet.blogspot.com/2009/06/yes-to-power-13.html

and

http://whenhekissesher.wordpress.com/2009/06/04/13-confessions-of-love/

Barbara said...

It sound like you could have a busy, but fun summer.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin