Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Thursday Thirteen- Do you have the answers to these questions?

All right there are some questions that I really really need answered:

1. Do you have any tips on getting ones husband to fall in love with containers? (Or at least respect a container system?) I am talking Rubbermaid totes, crates, baskets.

2. Home schoolers: If you have a small house what do you use as your schooling space?

3. If you are a neat and tidy person how did you get that way?

4. When you are camping do you attempt to still look pretty?

5. If you are an avid tosser of things how do you get over the gift guilt? (You know so and so gave you a gift and you don't really love it, but it was a gift so you really should keep it in case they come over).

6. What is one (or 2 or 3) systems you use in everyday life that make things run smoothly?

7. Ok seriously do a lot of folks get bikini waxes or do they just say they do?

8. Spinoff of #7: Doesn't it hurt and isn't it embarrassing to get that hair waxed?

9. Do people harass you about blogging? (My husband says i am far to virtual).

10. What is the best phrase you have for kindly, but firmly saying "no" to someone?

11. Have you entered my giveaway?

12. Do you tell someone that you forgive them (because you have) even if they don't ask for forgiveness?

13. How do they get the caramel in the Caramilk Bar?

Please leave me a comment if you have any answers to these questions!
Check out other folks lists at Thursday Thirteen and Happy to Be at Home.

11 comments:

Mia Celeste said...

Yeah, hmm. Lots of interesting questions. I'm puzzling a few of these out myself. Happy TT!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Here are my answers to your questions in the order given.
1. No
2. We combine office space with homeschooling space and use our kitchen table a lot!
3. I'm on the fence here. Sometimes my house is neat and tidy and sometimes it isn't.
4. Uh, No! LOL
5. Just toss it! Who cares! LOL
6. I try to switch up my "routine" so it doesn't get boring. But I always exercise in the morning as it starts the day off right!
7. OUCH!
8. OUCH!
9. No. I don't get harassed much as I'm 5'12" tall! LOL
10. Hmmm. No, thank you? LOL
11. Not yet for some reason! Or maybe I have lol I have to check.
12. No, I just forgive them and move on.
13. Very carefully!
Hugs to you my friend.
Kim

I am Harriet said...

I'll take on 3 and 7.
3- you get that way out of disgust over not being able to find things and those often seen in magazines, images of houses that are in chaos.
7- no...most people are either too lazy, cheap or don't know what you are talking about.

http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/06/13-best-places-to-live-in-usthursday-13.html

Unknown said...

The answer to #10 is, 'Bite Me'
LOL
Happy T13!

Carleen said...

#6 -- if something in the closet or dresser hasn't been worn in the past 6 months, out it goes. Every time something new goes into the closet or dresser, something old goes out.

Happy Thursday to you!

Tricia said...

Ok I'm going to attempt to answer all your 13 questions...

1. LOL! No, but whoever has an answer please tell me too!

2. I don't hs.

3. I used to be OCD neat and tidy then we moved to this house and I can't get myself organized, it's been 2 years! Lists help me to stay ontop of what needs to be done that day. Routine helps too and I'm so not a routine person.

4. Yes, attempt is the key word.

5. Can't help you there, that's me too.

6. Run smoothly, um, what's that? ;)

7. LOL! I haven't.

8. LOL!

9. It's our little secret! ;)

10. Yes. I'm a people pleaser, no isn't in my vocab unless your my husband or my kids!

11. Yes

12. Sometimes.

13. LOL!

Anonymous said...

My husband actually does love containers and is a neat freak. His policy is "if we don't use it, throw it away" and it drives me crazy!

Chelle said...

In my experience, #1 will never happen and I have been trying to make it happen for almost 16 years. I still have hope, though.

#4, I don't try. I throw on a baseball cap and call it good.

#7, I think there are an awful lot of women out there who enjoy pain. That can be the only explanation for waxing :)

Anonymous said...

#1 Marry a very anal person!!
#2 N/A
#3 I am so not tidy and would love to hear about the answers you get. But I do like the timer trick ie. See how much you get done in a set time.
#4 No
#5 You hope that they get over it and never ask.
#6 got nothin'
#7 Alot of people do. And some do it them selves or have there husbands I know cause I ask and they tell me.
#8 yes it hurts but it is worth it, Yes its embarassing but its worth it.
#9 No
#10 No Thank You
#11 No Thank You LOL
#12 I have before but probably not often enough
#13 OK so first they pour the chocolate in moulds and empty it to create hollows then set the chocolate and fill with caremal set and then cover in chocolate set and unmold.

It Feels Like Chaos said...

What a fun post and you have asked some super questions! I would LOVE to know the answer to #1. I can't even get my husband to put his shoes back in the closet or his hairbrush back in the drawer!

To answer a couple, #4 - when camping recently I definitely went with a more outdoorsy, less made-up look that in my at home life, but I did still try a little.

#6 - having a locker-type shelf that holds my kids shoes, coats, backpacks, papers, goggles, hats, etc. near my backdoor and forcing the kids to keep their stuff there really helps me get out the door easier!

It Feels Like Chaos said...

What a fun post and you asked some great questions! I'd love to know the answer to #1. I can't even get my husband to put his hairbrush in the drawer or shoes in the closet!

For #6, we have a locker-type shelf for the kids' shoes, backpacks, hats, goggles, etc. near our backdoor and forcing the kids to always put their stuff there really helps me get out the door with what we need for various activities!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin