Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Our Alphabet Box

I love our alphabet theme here at the palace! We are only on the letter B (went out of town last week and slacked off in the school department) and I am already discovering how creative you can get teaching letters.
Something fun I want to share with you is our alphabet box.


Pretty chic isn't it? Hudson and I practiced identifying letters as we stuck the stickers all over it.

No I know you are getting antsy just wondering what might be hiding inside such a magnificent box. Squirm no more my friend, all will be revealed.
Since our letter is B there are things that start with B in the box. Newt week it will change to C and then D and so on. Currently our box contains:
bells
bumble bee
big buttons
beans
a boy
a block
(Oh and I added a beaded bracelet as an after thought).

I love that we can just take out the box when we have a spare moment and go through the objects in it remembering letter sounds.




8 comments:

Valerie said...

I LOVE this idea...we're on letter Cc this week and I think I might just have too go ahead and find a small box to do this with it!

Tricia said...

You are so creative! Love the idea!

Keri said...

love this idea- i am definitely jotting this one down for future use

Christy Killoran said...

What a great idea!

genial said...

lovely kid... love your post here :) greetings from Jakarta Indonesia.. and have a gorgeous day to you :)

Anonymous said...

I love coming to this blog everyday to read the heart of my dear friend. Thank you for sharing. I Love You.

Sue said...

You are so creative! Love the alphabet box!

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice said...

I love that! Very cool!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin