Friday, June 19, 2009

Ask and You Shall Receive.

This post was inspired by Jen at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam. Those of you who have not been to Jen's blog are totally missing out on a fantastic feature called Frugal Fashionista!
Here she shows off her amazing deals, gives tips on what every wardrobe needs and hosts frugal fashion shows. (The next on is on June 26 so be sure to check it out).

Here is my super find:
On to the story about this fantastic Old Navy winter coat. On our travels last week we decided to stop at a yard sale. I spotted the coat and Craig asked how much they wanted for it.
The man holding the sale said "5 bucks".
Now did I mention that we broke rule #1 of yard sale etiquette and went there without any cash?
Off to the car we head in search of what ever change we can rustle out from under the seats. We came up with $3.90.
Craig went to the man and said "All we could find in our car was this $3.90. Will you take it?
The man said " Well for all of that effort I will take it."
And now I have a fantastic coat to add to my collection for the rock bottom price of all the change in my car.

Budget-wise fashion! Truly a Finer Thing. And a frugal thing.

6 comments:

Together We Save said...

What a great idea. Thanks for the tip.

Amy @ Finer Things said...

How super-cool is that! What a cute coat. I love garage sales, but rarely find anything to myself...

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Thanks so much for the kind words, and you betcha that you are a Frugal Fashionista. I LOVE that jacket. You will be able to wear that with everything. :)

Tracey said...

Great find!! So glad the man took what you were able to come up with :)

Sue said...

Sweet deal! You'll wear it proud next winter I'm sure ;-)

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Sweet! Great deal. I have tons of jackets I don't wear, living in Florida. I'm not sure why I have them but I do.
Hugs.
Kim

Blog Widget by LinkWithin