Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Gratituesday- Ideas From Other Blogs


I am so grateful that I have been able to glean ideas from other people's blogs. Over at Rookie Moms I found the brilliant plan to make a geo board.
Hudson is all about elastics right now and stretching them over Meadow's exersaucer among other household things.

So here are my step by step instructions:
Materials
5in x 5in board
decoupage glue
sponge brush
Scrapbook paper
25 nails & hammer
various elastics


Step 1- Cute your paper to fit your board.
Step 2- Spread a generous amount of decoupage glue onto the surface of the board.
Step 3- Smooth your paper on to the board. Use a straight edge (like a credit card or a ruler) to smooth out the bubbles (I didn't get all of the bubbles out on mine)Step 4- Apply a thin coat of decoupage to the paper.

Step 5- Once the decoupage is dry measure out where you want your nails.

Step 6- Hammer nails part way into the board

Step 7- Add elastics and enjoy!


I want to add that I am also grateful for my very handy husband who hammered all of the nails for me.

For more Gratituesday head on over to Heavenly Homemakers


4 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

How neat is that?!

Thanks for the info on the bird study! :D

Randomly Elly said...

That is so awesome....I remember doing string art when I was little..think it was a boat or something!!!

Thanks for the tips!

annies home said...

string art is so fun

Controlling My Chaos said...

That's pretty cool. I can't even tell you how many great ideas I've gotten from other blogs. They're so inspiring.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin