Friday, February 13, 2009

Washroom Wisdom

If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. James 1:5

Yesterday was a power struggle. My 3 year old Hudson was refusing to do his "business" in the toilet. Something experience has taught me is that business not done in the toilet is business done in one's big boy underwear. So after much persistence on my part, and much resistance on Hudson's part, he finally squeezed out some, ahem, business before we headed to bible study.
Fast forward to this morning. All signs point to another unpleasant bathroom battle. As my child sat on the toilet whining and sulking, I prayed. "Lord give me wisdom in this."
Craig, my darling husband, called a short time later and I ranted to him about our toilet troubles. He suggested I give Hudson something to do while he is sitting and waiting.
So I plunked my stubborn offspring on the throne, gave him a book and TA DA! Success!
God often doesn't answer prayers the way I think he will. I pretty much expected some genius thought to strike me. A real light bulb moment to happen. Instead God used my sweet husband to bring me the wisdom I was seeking.
God cares about the little things. There are far bigger problems in the world that a mother who is frustrated about toilet business. God chooses to meet us where we are.
Thank You Father that you are the perfect parent. That You want us to ask You for the things we lack. That Your word specifically tells us to ask for wisdom.
In Jesus name
Amen

1 comments:

Craig said...

I was so pleased to be able to offer you wisdom in a parenting issue. As it is so often you have great wisdom to offer me.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin