Thursday, February 19, 2009

Are You Happy With the Mirror?

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well. Psalm 139:14

The following questions were posed today, on a forum I frequent :
How is your body image?
Are you down on yourself?
Are you pleased?
How do you think God looks at you?

The last question is what caught my attention.
Sometimes when I look at my daughter Meadow I think to myself, "look at her, she is beautiful." I also happen to think that my son is the cutest little boy ever. So when God looks at us does he have those same thoughts? Does He peer down at me and say, "look at Sarah, she is one of my best creations, she is beautiful." I think He does. And I think He says exactly the same thing about you too. You are wonderfully made.

Lord,
I know full well that Your works are wonderful, but at times I don't believe that about myself. Please remind me that I am one of Your wonderfully made children.
In Jesus Name
Amen.

P.S. Here are a couple of recipes that are Daniel Fast Friendly:
Southwest Black Bean and Avocado Salad (omit the cheese) Thanks Corine for sending me this.
Moroccan Spiced Bean and Lentil Soup

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin